You and your pets are invited to the 4th Annual Blessing of the Animals on the lawn of St. John’s. It will be at 10:00 on Saturday, October 1st, in honour of the Feast Day of St. Francis. A copy of the service is attached. We will thank God for animals and all creation, and each animal will receive an individual blessing. Feel free to forward this invitation to any animal lovers you know.
- Our 10:30 worship service will move from the parish hall back to our sanctuary
- Our Sunday children & youth program will return. During the opening hymn, the children and youth will follow Cathie McCabe and the other teachers to the Great Hall for their program, and they will return to the sanctuary after the sermon.
- The 8:00 service will resume, using the Book of Common Prayer, in addition to the 10:30 service from the Book of Alternative Services
- We will celebrate the baptism of Liam Runhart, who is the grandson of Karen Linka’s uncle James Carr, on September 11 at the 10:30 service.
We have new Summer Signs and painted stones outside our church, created by our children and youth.
I recommend that you drive or walk by the church to see our signs in person. To our Bowmanville community, they present words that describe the character of God and the blessings that he gives us.
Our signs say ~ Extravagant Love : Amazing Grace
I hope these signs will give encouragement to you, as well as to passersby to our church.
I want to thank the people who helped create our Summer Signs:
- Julia and Chelsea Smith who painted the beautiful backgrounds of the signs
- Patty Kingsley who added her special artistic touches
- Greg Thomas, who prepared the sign boards + cross, and installed the signs
I also want to thank our church families and members of our children’s and youth program who have painted the colourful stones in our gardens. Make sure to look at these when you come by to see our signs.
May God continue to be your hope and inspiration.
Our intern Paige is staying longer!
Thanks to all the volunteers who made the St. John’s booth at Maplefest so wonderful!